Job Vacancy Announcement
The College of Health Sciences, University of Ghana invites interested and qualified applicants to apply for the positon of Transport Officer.
The purpose of this role is to identify a self-motivated individual who has the ability to review alternative options and select most effective and cost efficient approaches to transport management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- General administration of the Transport Section with responsibility for repairs, maintenance and smooth running and utilisation of the College’s fleet of vehicles.
- Ethical conduct and discipline of subordinate staff.
- Train and test drivers/mechanics.
- Evaluation of employee (drivers) performance and coordination of annual work plans of the Transport Section.
- Develop and manage relationships with the University Fleet Manager to ensure compliance of University transport policy
- Receive and handle transport requests from all Units within the College.
- Plan for renewal of documents (insurance and roadworthy certificates) of all vehicles
- Analyze log books and fuel utilization of vehicles and produce relevant reports for Management decision
- Perform any other duties related to transport management assigned by Management from time to time.
- A strong writing and communications skills
- Computer Literacy (Ability to use basic Microsoft application)
- Ability to work, lead and manage a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope with work, time and people pressure
Applicants must have:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognised University with, at least, 9 years’ experience as a transport officer.
- Advanced Diploma awarded by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport with, at least, 9 years experience as a transport officer.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent. In addition, must have had at least 14 years’ practical experience in a position of responsibility within a large transport organization.
Mode of Application:
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to download and complete application forms (for Junior and Senior Staff) from the link https://www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd and forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and relevant documents to any of the addresses below not later than Friday, 30th November, 2018;
- The College Secretary
College of Health Sciences
P. O. Box KB 52
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.